ÉEQ BOARD MEMBERS ELECTED BY ACCLAMATION
Montréal, April 27, 2012 – Éco Entreprises Québec (ÉEQ) is pleased to announce that the members of its Board of Directors whose term was up as well as two new Directors were elected by acclamation at ÉEQ's Annual General Assembly held on April 25, 2012. By virtue of ÉEQ's general by-laws, Board Directors are elected for a two-year term.
The terms of the four following directors was renewed:
Retailers and Distributors Sector
• Florent Gravel, President and CEO of the Association des détaillants en alimentation du Québec (ADAQ), designated representative of Fromagerie Pimar/Hamel inc., ÉEQ Board Director since May 16, 2005, and representative for the $100,000 or less class of contributors.
• Me Gaston Lafleur, President and CEO of the Quebec Retail Council, ÉEQ Board Director since March 30, 2003, and representative for the over $100,000 class of contributors.
Manufacturing sector - Food and Consumer Products
• Pierre M. Nadeau, President and CEO of the Quebec Dairy Council, ÉEQ Board Director since January 25, 2008, and representative for the $100,000 or less class of contributors.
• Sylvain Mayrand, Executive Vice-President and General Manager, Operations, at A. Lassonde, ÉEQ Board Director since January 22, 2010, and representative for the over $100,000 class of contributors.
Two vacancies were filled by newly elected ÉEQ Board Directors as follows:
General Sector – Services – Manufacturers, durable products
• Frédéric Poussard, Vice-President, Finance and Operations, TVA Publications inc., and representative for the $100,000 or less class of contributors.
• Bernard Le Blanc, Vice-President, Procurement and Administrative Services, Mouvement Desjardins, and representative for the over $100,000 class of contributors.
The Board is made up of 12 members.
The other Directors are:
• Suzanne Blanchet, President and CEO of Cascades Tissue Group.
• Denis Brisebois, Vice-President Retail Operations, Metro Banner, Eastern Quebec, designated representative of the Retail Council of Canada (RCC).
• Sylvie Cloutier, President and CEO of the Conseil de la transformation agroalimentaire et des produits de consommation.
• Martin Labrecque, Vice-President, Finance and Control at Uni-Select Inc.
• Jean Lefebvre, Vice-President, Government Affairs of the Conseil des chaînes des restaurants du Québec.
• Jean-François Thériault, Vice-President Information Technology at the Société des alcools du Québec.
The mandate of the following Directors was renewed at the Board meeting that followed the Annual General Assembly:
• Denis Brisebois, Chair
• Suzanne Blanchet, Vice-Chair
• Florent Gravel, Secretary-Treasurer
About Éco Entreprises Québec
Éco Entreprises Québec is a private, non-profit organization that represents companies with regard to their responsibility to finance their share of the net costs of municipal curbside recycling, establishes reasonable fees to ensure program financing and, in partnership with other stakeholders, promotes efforts to increase the quantities of recovered materials through curbside recycling at the lowest possible cost.
- 30 –
Source and information:
Director, Corporate Affairs, External Relations and Communications
Éco Entreprises Québec
514-987-1491, ext. 225