Every year, ÉEQ revises Company Reports after errors are discovered either by the company or organization itself, or following analysis or audit by ÉEQ. The following chart presents all the changes made to Company Reports in 2013, according to source of error (absolute value). It should be noted that calculation and data entry errors account for almost 50% of required changes!
Change to a question affecting obligation status requested during the Company Report process
During Company Report preparation, the online reporting system will not allow changes to be made to a registered response to a question that determines a company or organization’s obligation status. A padlock will be displayed on the reporting system screen. If you wish to change a response to one of those questions, contact Company Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514 987-1700 or 1-877-987-1491.
Changes to quantities reported in a Company Report that has already been submitted
If you wish to make corrections to reported quantities, you must submit a Request for Change. In accordance with Article 5.2.4 of the Schedule of ContributionsÉEQ’s Schedule of Contributions enables companies to determine whether they are subject to the Act, understand the breadth of their obligations and determine the amount of their contribution. Developed using a formula based on studies and verifiable data, the Schedule is established according to type of material and quantities generated during a given year and in consideration of environmental criteria. Framed by thoroughly developed rules, each Schedule is presented to companies for consultation before being sent to the government for approval as required by the Act.
Schedule of Contributions, relevant information and documents to support a request for change include:
- Company name
- Company number
- Contact information to reach the primary contact
- Last name
- First name
- Explanation of the request for change
- Materials concerned by the change
- Worksheet for the original Company Report in Excel format. The worksheet should allow the tracking of the quantities reported, according to material, in the original Company Report, specifically:
- List of products included in the Company Report
- Number of products sold, according to product
- List of designated packaging according to product and related weights
- List of brands considered
- List of suppliers included (if appropriate)
- List of suppliers excluded (with contact information in Quebec)
- Amended worksheet that includes the requested changes: This worksheet must show the revised quantities, according to material, being reported as well as the same information as listed above.
- List of deductions considered in the Company Report.
If the request for change includes several Company Reports, you must provide worksheets for each one of them. ÉEQ will not process a request for change if amended documents are not provided.
The required information and documents must be submitted to ÉEQ no later than one year from the deadline for filing the Company Report.
See the calendar of contributions to determine which Company Reports may be the subject of a request for change.
Any failure to meet this deadline or to provide information or documentation will result in the Request for Change being denied.
The request and documentation must be e-mailed to ÉEQ’s Company Services Department at email@example.com. Please call us at 514-987-1491 or 1-877-987-1491 if you need advice or have questions.
Once a request for change is received, ÉEQ will send an e-mail to acknowledge receipt and confirm the admissibility of the request.
Requests for change will be analyzed according to procedures. Additional documentation and information may be requested.